The Jacks of Honor was formed in 1983 to recognize individuals that contributed to the overall success of SFASU Athletics. Thirty-eight members received the award the first year followed by nine in 1984. Since 1984, there have been no new members. In 1997, the Lettermen’s Association obtained from Steve McCarty, Athletic Director, the authority to takeover the administration and recognition of this award.
The SFASU Lettermen’s Association is seeking nominations of individuals to be considered for SFASU ATHLETIC JACKS of HONOR. To be considered for the award, the individual must have added to the overall success of SFASU Athletics on and or off the field and must meet the criteria listed below:
- Must have participated in athletics at SFA at least two years (An exception will be made for at large members).
- Post graduate support of SFASU athletics (i.e. this comes in many forms and is not limited to the following; game attendance, financial support, etc.).
- Success in chosen field of endeavor.
- Must have completed athletic eligibility at SFASU at least ten years prior to the year of nomination (An exception will be made for at large members).
- Members of the Jacks of Honor may not be members of the Hall of Fame. If a member of the Jacks of Honor is voted into the Hall of Fame, he will be removed from the Jacks of Honor membership (Nine to date have been inducted into the Hall of Fame leaving membership as of October 1997 at 38).
Prior to consideration of the above criteria, the nominees should posses and demonstrate integrity and honesty. Three-fourths majority quorum vote is required for nominees to gain acceptance in the JACKS of HONOR. Inductees will be presented a plaque by a representative of the SFA Lettermen’s Association at the SFA Lettermen’s Day reception held at the field house generally the day of the first home football game. The Board of Directors may consider exceptions to the above criteria on a case by case basis.
To nominate someone for Jacks of Honor, complete the nomination form.
For more information, please contact:
David H. Atkinson (Men’s Hall of Fame)
2001 Timber Cove Court
Weatherford, Texas 76087
Mbl (979) 255-5247
SFA Alumni Association
+ indicates deceased
|Category||Years Played||Member||Year Inducted|
|At-Large||Joe Max Green||1983|
|At-Large||1980-Present||Greg "Buck" Payne||2007|
|Basketball||2002-04||B. J. Banks||2011|
|Basketball||1953-55||Glenn R. Pearson||2012|
|Football & Baseball||1946-50||H. W. Wilson||1983|
|Football & Baseball||1946-48||Theo "Cotton" Miles||2001|
|Football & Baseball||1983-88||Todd Whitten||2001|
|Football & Baseball||1982-85||Tod Weder||2002|
|Football||1957-58||W.T. "Spike" Dykes||1999|
|Football||1948-50||John B. Sandlin||2000|
|Football||1963-64||Richard "Bud" Marshall||2003|
|Football||1968-69||David H. Atkinson||2009|
|Golf||1981-85||Joe A. Golden||2000|
|Golf (Coach)||1982-88||Clyde Alexander||2006|
|Track & Field||Coach||Joe Richardson||1983|
|Track & Field||1938-41||Ralph Todd||1983|
|Track & Field||1973-76||Bobby Coleman||1983|
|Track & Field||Coach||Phillip B. Olson||2012|
|Track & Field||1993-96||Chris Olson-O'Neil||2013|
|Track & Field||1994-97||Rodney Black||2013|